JoAnne Goss Memorial
The JoAnne Goss Memorial Nursing Scholarship was formed in 2017 in memory of JoAnne Goss. JoAnne’s family wanted to give back to the people that helped them during their darkest days, Nurses. They realized the need for nurses and nurse leadership and created the scholarship to help students in the West Shore area of Central Pennsylvania to get the proper education to work in healthcare.
All donations to this scholarship will be donated to the West Shore community graduating from Carlisle High School, Boiling Springs High School, attending Messiah College, attending the Employment Skills Center or completing education for Nurse Leadership.
NFP’s JoAnne Goss Memorial Nursing Scholarship of Cumberland County Pennsylvania exists to provide scholarships to students demonstrating financial need in the pursuit of a nursing degree.
Assuming qualified applicants, the standard will attempt to select at least one scholarship recipient annually that is graduating high school at Carlisle High School, Boiling Springs High School and West Shore Student entering the RN-BSN program at Messiah College. A total of three scholarships annually.
All info regarding NFP scholarships can be found at www.theNFP.org under the “Scholarships” tab.
Questions may be directed to Paula Lasecki (email@example.com, 717-827-4369.
All scholarship application forms, essays and letters of reference will be maintained in a private and confidential manner.
(1) $1,000 award to Carlisle High School
(1) $1,000 award to Boiling Springs
(1) $1,000 award to Messiah College
- The applicant is to graduating high school from Carlisle, Boiling Springs or West Shore going to Messiah College for RN-BSN program. However, should a strong candidate stand out in a degree level, NFP scholarship committee reserves the right to suggest from that group for consideration.
- A high school student must be a matriculated undergraduate student in the fall of the year the award is given.
- The student must be from Carlisle High School, Boiling Springs High School or a West Shore High School entering Messiah College.
- Applicants are encouraged to be a member of the Student Nurses Association of Pennsylvania (SNAP) and/or the National Student nurses Association (NSNA). If the applicant is an RN, he/she is required to become a member of the Pennsylvania State Nurses Association (PSNA).
- Students are required to demonstrate financial need by submitting information regarding: All grants, loans and letter of financial need.
- Previous recipients of the Nursing Foundation of Pennsylvania scholarships are not eligible to apply.
- May only apply to one NFP scholarships per calendar year, excluding the Jack Berger Scholarship.
The application can only be submitted via the website (application form below).
The application deadline is March 30th every year.
Apply For Scholarship
All scholarship application forms, essays, and letters of reference will be maintained in a private and confidential manner.