Nurse Leader Scholarship
The Nurse Leader Scholarship provides scholarships to students demonstrating leadership skills in their pursuit of a nursing degree.
Funds are for full-time nursing students in an accredited BSN, MSN, or doctoral program in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Please see the criteria for Applicant Submission Checklist for all requirements.
The Nurse Leader Scholarship provides scholarships to students demonstrating leadership skills in their pursuit of a nursing degree. Funds are for full-time nursing students in their 3rd or 4th year of an accredited BSN, MSN, or doctoral program in Pennsylvania.
All info regarding NFP scholarships can be found at www.theNFP.org under the “Scholarships” tab.
Questions may be directed to Paula Lasecki (firstname.lastname@example.org), 717-827-4369.
All scholarship application forms, essays and letters of reference will be maintained in a private and confidential manner.
- The applicant must attend an accredited BSN, MSN, or doctoral program in Pennsylvania.
- Applicants must be full-time nursing students in 3rd or 4th year of an accredited BSN, MSN, or doctoral program in Pennsylvania.
- Students must have a minimum of 3.0 GPA.
- Students are required to submit the completed online application.
- Previous recipients of the Nursing Foundation of Pennsylvania scholarships are not eligible to apply.
- May only apply to one NFP scholarship per calendar year, excluding the Jack Barger scholarship.
How to Apply
Applications must be accompanied by:
- An official transcript of most recent grades (Fall Semester); to Include current course of enrollment on official letterhead
- Two letters of reference on official letterhead, with at least one being an academic contact (letters should describe the applicant’s scholastic abilities, leadership qualities, and community service)
- Completed essays
- Submit a high-resolution (minimum 300 dpi – JPEG format) professional headshot for publicity use by PSNA/NFP (NOTE: selfies or phone camera photos are not acceptable)
The application can only be submitted via the website (application form below).
The application deadline is March 30th every year.
Post Award Requirements
- Within one year, recipients must agree to send a thank you note or video to NFP’s board of trustees (c/o NFP) for NFP promotional purposes
- As able, scholarship recipients are asked to consider “paying their gratitude forward” through one or more of the following means to advance the nursing profession
- Volunteering service to NFP
- Contributing to the mission of NFP
- Making an unrestricted financial gift to NFP
- Otherwise ensuring the perpetuity of NFP
- On a regular ongoing basis, provide voluntary submission of published articles and other professional works for use in PSNA/NFP publications and publicity
Apply For Scholarship
All scholarship application forms, essays, and letters of reference will be maintained in a private and confidential manner.
Applications are now closed.