Alyssa C Rudy ScholarshipInformation And Application
NFP’s Alyssa C. Rudy Scholarship exists to provide a scholarship to York College of Pennsylvania students demonstrating financial need in the pursuit of a nursing degree. Assuming qualified applicants, the standard will attempt to select at least one scholarship recipient annually that is attending York College of Pennsylvania – Nursing program – RN-BSN program that is in his/her 3rd or 4th year.
All scholarship application forms, essays, and letters of reference will be maintained in a private and confidential manner.
- The applicant must attend an accredited BSN, MSN, or doctoral program in Pennsylvania.
- Applicants must be full-time nursing students in 3rd or 4th year of an accredited BSN, MSN, or doctoral program in Pennsylvania.
- Students must have a minimum of 3.0 GPA.
- Students are required to submit the completed online application.
- May only apply to one NFP scholarship per calendar year, excluding the Jack Barger scholarship.
How to Apply
Applications must be accompanied by:
- An official transcript of most recent grades (Fall Semester);
- Two letters of reference on official letterhead, with at least one being an academic contact (letters should describe the applicant’s scholastic abilities, leadership qualities, and community service)
- Completed essays
- Submit a high-resolution (minimum 300 dpi – JPEG format) professional headshot for publicity use by PSNA/NFP
(NOTE: selfies or phone camera photos are not acceptable)
The application can only be submitted via the website (application form below).
The application deadline is March 30th every year.
- Within one year, recipients must agree to send a thank you note or video to NFP’s board of trustees (c/o NFP) for NFP promotional purposes
- As able, scholarship recipients are asked to consider “paying their gratitude forward” through one or more of the following means to advance the nursing profession
- Volunteering service to NFP
- Contributing to the mission of NFP
- Making an unrestricted financial gift to NFP
- Otherwise ensuring the perpetuity of NFP
- On a regular ongoing basis, provide voluntary submission of published articles and other professional works for use in PSNA/NFP publications and publicity