The Florence (Madden) Grady-Fasick Scholarship FundInformation And Application
NFP’s The Florence (Madden) Grady-Fasick Scholarship Fund exists to provide scholarships to students demonstrating financial need in the pursuit of a nursing degree. Funds are for nursing students in their second semester or more of nursing school.
- The applicant must attend an accredited program in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Funds are for students in their second semester or more of nursing school.
- Students should have a minimum of 3.0 GPA.
- Students are required to demonstrate financial need and commitment to the nursing profession.
- Previous recipients of the Nursing Foundation of Pennsylvania scholarships are not eligible to apply.
- May only apply to one NFP scholarship per calendar year, excluding the Jack Barger scholarship.
How to Apply
Applications must be accompanied by:
- An official transcript of most recent grades (Fall Semester); Include current course of enrollment.
- Two letters of reference on official letterhead, with at least one being an academic contact (letters should describe the applicant’s scholastic abilities, leadership qualities and community service)
- Completed essays
- Submit a high-resolution (minimum 300 dpi – JPEG) professional headshot for publicity use by PSNA/NFP (NOTE: selfies or phone camera photos are not acceptable)
Application can only be submitted via website (application form below).
Application deadline is March 30, 2020
- Within one year, recipients must agree to send a note detailing their academic milestones to NFP’s board of trustees (c/o NFP) for NFP promotional purposes.
- As able, scholarship recipients are asked to “pay their gratitude forward” through one or more of the following means to advance the nursing profession:
- Volunteering service to NFP
- Contributing to the mission of NFP
- Making an unrestricted financial gift to NFP
- Otherwise ensuring the perpetuity of NFP
- Upon graduation, provide NFP with your year of graduation and updated contact information. This will be used by NFP when sending invitations and information.
- On a regular ongoing basis, provide voluntary submission of published articles and other professional works for use in PSNA/NFP publications and publicity.