The Chad Cope Fund
Stories from the donors that have helped transform The Nursing Foundation of Pennsylvania.
Chad F. Cope
Chad Foster Cope, born on February 12, 1979, grew up in Mechanicsburg, Pa. He was a graduate of Trinity High School (1997) and Penn State University (2006).
Chad was a U.S. Army veteran of the Iraq War and served in the 101st Airborne Battalion. Proud to serve others, Chad knew he wanted a profession in which he could make a difference.
His motivation, knowledge, and capacity to win the hearts of others led him to a career in governmental affairs. Chad’s loyalty, unparalleled work ethic and infectious smile afforded him a world of opportunity.
On October 5, 2011, Chad passed away. Through the generosity of family, friends, and donors, Chad’s legacy is realized through the work of NFP.
- Supporting education and activities to raise awareness of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and/or issues facing returning military
- Providing a stipend for internships in government relations
Chad’s memory will be honored annually through:
- Recognition in NFP’s annual report
- Features of gifts to the Fund
- Recognition at NFP events